Re: [Exim] exim and exim_dumpdb use different Berkeley DB ve…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Matthias Waffenschmidt
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim and exim_dumpdb use different Berkeley DB version
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Matthias Waffenschmidt wrote:

> I have exim 4.20 compiled with a static Berkeley DB library version
> 3.2.9 and exim is just running fine. For example the retry database
> has the correct file format:
>
> bash-2.05# file /var/spool/exim/db/retry
> /var/spool/exim/db/retry: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 7, native byte-order)
>
> But when I try to access these files with the exim utilites
> (e.g. exim_dumpdb) I get the following error message:
>
> bash-2.05# exim_dumpdb /var/spool/exim retry
> ** Failed to open DBM file /var/spool/exim/db/retry for reading:
>    Inappropriate file type or format (or Berkeley DB error while opening)

> As exim_dbmbuild creates a Berkeley DB file of version 1.85 and
> exim_dumpdb can read this file there is an inconsistency of the
> Berkeley DB versions used by exim:

That is strange, but it must be caused by some kind of problem when Exim
was compiled. You are using FreeBSD, right? IIRC that is the OS where
1.85 is still the default.

When you build 4.20, are you sure you installed the versions of
exim_dbmbuild and exim_dumpdb that it built with it? Are you picking up
older versions from some other directory by accident?