[Exim] exim and exim_dumpdb use different Berkeley DB versio…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Matthias Waffenschmidt
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] exim and exim_dumpdb use different Berkeley DB version
Hi,

I have exim 4.20 compiled with a static Berkeley DB library version
3.2.9 and exim is just running fine. For example the retry database
has the correct file format:

bash-2.05# file /var/spool/exim/db/retry
/var/spool/exim/db/retry: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 7, native byte-order)

But when I try to access these files with the exim utilites
(e.g. exim_dumpdb) I get the following error message:

bash-2.05# exim_dumpdb /var/spool/exim retry
** Failed to open DBM file /var/spool/exim/db/retry for reading:
Inappropriate file type or format (or Berkeley DB error while opening)

As exim_dbmbuild creates a Berkeley DB file of version 1.85 and
exim_dumpdb can read this file there is an inconsistency of the
Berkeley DB versions used by exim:

bash-2.05# exim_dbmbuild /etc/aliases /tmp/db/misc
50 entries written
bash-2.05# file /tmp/db/misc
/tmp/db/aliases.db: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)
bash-2.05# touch /tmp/db/misc.lockfile
bash-2.05# exim_dumpdb /tmp misc
29-Nov-2031 13:37:04 postmaster
(+ more nonsense, but the file can be read!)

Is this a none problem or does anybody have a workaround for this
behavior?

Thanks for your help!

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33