Re: [Exim] FW: Problem expanding added headers (v3.35)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John R. Shearer
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] FW: Problem expanding added headers (v3.35)

>> If I am reading this right, then expand.c isn't expanding added headers
>> because they're not in the link list it is checking. This would explain the
>> behavior I'm seeing.
>
> I ignored your post because it referred to Exim 3, and my brain has now
> more or less expunged any memory that I had, since Exim 4 has been out
> for well over a year (and I've been working on it for about 2 years
> now).
>
>> Is this expected behavior, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Yes, it is expected, and it is the same in Exim 4, where the manual
> contains the following in the section on $header_xxx insertions:
>
> Only header lines that are common to all copies of a message are visible to
> this mechanism. These are the original header lines that are received with
> the message, and any that are added by an ACL "warn" statement or by a      |
> system filter. Header lines that are added to a particular copy of a
> message by a router or transport are not accessible.

Philip:

Thank you very much for your reply; as always it is greatly appreciated. It
hadn't occurred to me to check the Exim 4 docs for an Exim 3 issue.

Sorry to bring up Exim 3 problems, but until the good folks at Debian bless
Exim 4.20 as being "stable" I think that many of us Debian users will
continue running Exim 3.35. This is for administrative reasons and not due
to any lack of faith in Exim 4.

How does one go about setting a flag in one director for use by another in
Exim 3? The only thing I can think of is to add a header with headers_add
and then pipe the result back into Exim. This seems somewhat inefficient to
me (the cost of a new process generation). Any suggestions?

Thanks. - John R. S.