Re: [Exim] HAVE_IPV6

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Colm MacCarthaigh
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] HAVE_IPV6
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> > I *think* the latest IPv6 thinking deprecates this approach,
>
> I think there's an element of confusion here.

I *know* there's an element of confusion here! And I know exactly where
it is too... :-)

> But it's important to note, that even if you listen on two seperate
> sockets, and set the IPV6_ONLY socket option and so on, there's
> still nothing to stop IPv4-mapped addresses coming in via the
> the IPv6 socket. They are valid IPv6 addresses, and it's possible
> something further up the chain could be performing the translation.

I think Exim is OK on this; it just converts them into IPv4 addresses
when trying to compare with IPv4 addresses in blocking lists, etc.

Thanks for the clear explanation. I'll try to become less confused.

Philip