Re: [Exim] HAVE_IPV6

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John (TJ) Penton
Cc: Jeffrey Wheat, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] HAVE_IPV6
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, John (TJ) Penton wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Jeffrey Wheat wrote:
>
> > Hi there. I have added HAVE_IPV6=FALSE into
> > Local/Makefile, removed the build directory,
> > ran make makefile and then make. I am still
> > getting ::ffff:10.10.10.10 formated addresses
> > in my log files. This is causing my pop-relay
> > stuff to break. This used to work back in 3.x
> > and earlier 4.x releases. I am presently at
> > version 4.14 and I see in host.c where there
> > is no #ifdef HAVE_IPV6 in a couple of places
> > that refer to that formatting. Is this a new
> > "feature" or something that was overlooked?
>

> You don't mention it above, so did you do "make install"?

And indeed a daemon HUP, but I assume you did (as you've been an Exim
user for some time).

An address of the form ::ffff:10.10.10.10 is an IPv4 address that has
been received on an IPv6 interface, in some IPv6 stacks. I *think* the
latest IPv6 thinking deprecates this approach, and instead applications
are supposed to listen for IPv4 and IPv6 connections independently. Exim
is supposed caters for both kinds of environment, but only when
HAVE_IPV6 is set.

The only references to :ffff: I can find in host.c are places where it
*removes* the leading ::ffff: in order to create a traditional IPv4
address.

I guess we need more information from you about the exact circumstances
in which this happens...