[Exim] regular expressions in the exim config

Author: Marco Herrn
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] regular expressions in the exim config
Hi,

I need to use regulare expressions in the configfile. What I want is to
exclude a substring from a given string in that way:

I always get a full email-adress in the string (I get it as the username
through smtp-auth), like

herrn@???.

Now I need to exclude the domain part. I would use a pattern like this:

/@.*$/

which would result in

@gmx.net

Here I get the @. That would be ok, because I could use
${substr_1:} to extract the remaining part. But the real problem is, how
do I get to the result of the matching? When using the match condition I
would result in whether the strings match. True or false. Am I right?

I want the result of the matching, not just whether they match. How is
that possible?

And, btw, if someone knows how to exclude the @ in the regex, I would be
happy ;-)

Bye
Marco

PS: I hope to made it clear, what I am trying to do....

--
Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

--
Marco Herrn             herrn@???
(GnuPG/PGP-signed and crypted mail preferred)