[Exim] Re: entries in /etc/email-addresses not used with exi…

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: entries in /etc/email-addresses not used with exim-3.35-1
--
On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 03:04:55AM +0200, Arjen Verweij wrote:
| Hi,

| I'm using the exim package in Debian woody, version 3.35-1. exim is setup
| as a satelite system, and I have added sphere:john@??? in
| /etc/email-addresses, but the address that is actually used in From: is
| sphere@<host>, where host is the extension entered when asked for the
| host where mail is normally read.

| For now I have added a Reply-To: in my client, but I would prefer it if
| the From: field woul actually read what I punched in into
| /etc/email-addesses.

1) Configure your mail client to create the correct From: header.

2)  If you still need to rewrite addresses (eg "sphere@<host>" to
        "r.purgier@???") then ensure that the line in exim's
        rewrite section reads as follows :

    *@<host>  ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}{$value}fail} frFs

where "<host>" is replaced by the actual FQDN of the machine. Also,
since you have other rewriting rules in place, ensure that none of
them match first and take precedence over this one.

-D

--
He who scorns instruction will pay for it,
but he who respects a command is rewarded.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/