[Exim] System Filter help needed

Author: Jonathan Vanasco
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] System Filter help needed
i'm trying to save copies of outgoing mail to users '.savedmail'
directories

right now, i've got an unseen router that works quite well if
$authenticated_id exists -- aside from one glaring oversight. in the
event of cc/bcc addresses, multiple .savedmail deliveries are made

so i've got to return to the method i couldn't get working before,
system filters

there was a nearly appropriate filter posted a year ago, and most
questions relating to this are pointed to that one. unfortunately, its
not entirely compatible with my setup.

I've got all the user accounts info in LDAP, which doesn't seem to
accessible within filters

i've tried a bunch of stuff, and nothing has worked.

i *think* i might be able to do something like:
# Exim filter
if $authenticated_id
then
    unseen save '/dummyPath/'

and in /usr/exim/configure
system_filter = /usr/exim/system_filter
system_filter_user = exim
system_filter_group = mail
system_filter_directory_transport = myTransport

in my naive understanding, this would happen:
if there is an authenticated id (ie, it is outgoing mail)
then unseen save 'path with slash' this path has no meaning, as it
will be overwritten by system_filter_directory_transport in configure
file

is that completely wrong? is authenticated_id preseved into the system
filter? if not, is there a workaround?

also, would mail in a system like this be filtered if the sender and
recipient are local? i'm guessing no, as authentication shouldn't be
required for local mail.

i can't get my head around this one, i dont need code as much as i need
the write approach.