Re: [Exim] Host-based "too many invalid recipients" rejectio…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Thomas Tonino
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: Thomas Tonino, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Host-based "too many invalid recipients" rejection
Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On (2003/06/22 23:42), Thomas Tonino wrote:
>
>>The advantage may be that it works immediately, but you get everything in
>>RAM (but how many IP addresses will you see anyway?)
>
> This is a fairly active mail server, so I don't think I can go this
> route. :-)

Well... RAM is not that expensive, and these day's it is big.

Let's say 1 billion IP addresses are in actual use of the 4 billion available.
Let's say 1% of these send mail to you directly. That would be 10 M entries,
which should't take more than 160 MB RAM in a hash table.

It doesn't go down in the noise, but isn't a killer either for the hardware I'd
use on a busy server.

Thomas