Re: [Exim] Host-based "too many invalid recipients" rejectio…

Autor: Thomas Tonino
A: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Host-based "too many invalid recipients" rejection
Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Yeah. I'm thinking of feeding the DB files from a log analyzer and then
> just reading them from the ACLs.
>
> I'm surprised nobody else has done this.

I'm doing something quite different but somewhat similar as well: limit how many
rcpts can be used per local IP address, thus limiting the effective amount fo
spam that could get through in any given moment.

It currently works by using a line:

delay = ${readsocket{/tmp/throttlesock}{R${sender_host_address}\n}{1s}{}}

in the rcpt ACL. /tmp/throttlesock is a listening socket of a very simple perl
script that keeps counts in a hash.

The advantage may be that it works immediately, but you get everything in RAM
(but how many IP addresses will you see anyway?)

Thomas