Re: [Exim] Help solving riddle with local delivery failure …

Autor: Ruth Ivimey-Cook
A: Matt Bernstein
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Help solving riddle with local delivery failure please...
On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Matt Bernstein wrote:

>The Exim transport is as simple as:
>
>lmtpsock:
> driver = lmtp
> socket = /var/lib/cyrus/socket/lmtp
> batch_max = 1000
>
>.. and, in cyrus.conf:
>
>SERVICES {
>    lmtpunix        cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/cyrus/socket/lmtp"

Sadly this didn't work and, given imapd's excellent (NOT) documentation I
don't know wny. I restrted both exim and 'master' having made the relevant
changes and waited. Outgoing mail still ok, but incoming mail gets deferred
because exim can't write to the socket: permission denied. Check permissions
and find that they're 777 (srwxrwxrwx), owner = root, group=root. Try fuser;
master is there waiting. Exim runs as 'exim' when possible.

/me Confused.

I've set it back to 'deliver' while I think. All deferred mail delivered ok.

Ruth

--
Ruth Ivimey-Cook
Software engineer and technical writer.