[Exim] Re: Config Help.... Please !!

Author: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Config Help.... Please !!
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:56:41 GMT, tony@??? wrote:

> Anyway on to my question, I have a debian (Woody i386)
> box

and running Exim 3.x ??... if so here's a chance to set Exim up from
scratch and upgrade to Exim 4 to use all its new features :-)

> I am hosting about 4/5 domains, and I want this
> bastion to accept mail for these domains, then send
> them on to my internal Mail Server. I could possibly
> setup an MX record. But would prefer not to use that,
> I already have an A Record in place...

? you want to accept for those domains?? When then mail servers on the
Internet need to know your gateway is mail exchange for those domains. You
must have setup MX records pointing to your box. This is nothing to do with
Exim. If that is what you are referring to.

For the forwarding onto internal mail server do a manualroute router -
*one* example...

inrouter:
        driver = manualroute
        route_list = +relay_to_domains ip.address.of.server
        transport = remote_smtp

where relay_to_domains are the domains you are accepting mail for. Look in
Manualrouter chapter of spec doc for full info. In this case you don't need
MX records if inside server is know and does not change.

PS