RE: [Exim] SMTP authentication

Author: Eli
To: 'ODHIAMBO Washington'
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] SMTP authentication
Hm, I guess that's kinda cool that it was really that easy :)

I just checked out someone elses config file which already had the stuff
done, and so I just needed to change the MySQL statements around a bit.

In case anyone is wondering, this is what I have:

begin authenticators

plain_login:
        driver                  = plaintext
        public_name             = PLAIN
        server_condition        = ${lookup mysql{SELECT '1' FROM users WHERE
CONCAT(user, '@', host) = '${quote_mysql:$2}' AND
 pass = '${quote_mysql:$3}'} {yes}{no}}
        server_set_id           = $2

fixed_login:
        driver                  = plaintext
        public_name             = LOGIN
        server_prompts          = "Username:: : Password::"
        server_condition        = ${lookup mysql{SELECT '1' FROM users WHERE
CONCAT(user, '@', host) = '${quote_mysql:$1}' AND
 pass = '${quote_mysql:$2}'} {yes}{no}}
        server_set_id           = $1

People who have a database where the domain name and usernames are separated
may appreciate this one, since it uses the lovely CONCAT function to test
for a match (I never thought I could even use it like that, but it works!).

Thanks,

Eli.