[Exim] proper condition for aliases

Author: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] proper condition for aliases
Hi,

I have two routers, thanks to the unseen-flag they are processed both.
In virtual_mailbox, I have found a condition somewhere and changed it to
fit my setup, so only emails to recipients listed in the
pop3Accounts-file are delivered through the virtual_delivery (which btw.
is a maildir-appendfile). At virtual_alias I tried to find a similar
condition so that this router is used only, if an alias for this
recipient does really exist. If it does not, it shall be skipped.
Unfortunatly I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when I'm testing
with "exim -bt" I always get the following output:

marten@??? is undeliverable:
   Unrouteable address
marten@???
     <-- marten@???
   router = virtual_mailbox, transport = virtual_delivery
[martenl@vm16 rfcs.org]$

What makes me wonder additionally is that the alias-routers seems to be
called before the mailbox, although it's listed the other way round in
the configuration. And in the end no mail is delivered, not at least
through the virtual_mailbox router. It's return completely. Can someone
please explain and help?

virtual_mailbox:
driver = accept
condition = ${if eq
{}{${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/vrmd/exim/mailboxes/pop3Accounts}}}{no}{yes}}
transport = virtual_delivery
unseen

virtual_alias:
driver = redirect
allow_defer
allow_fail
condition = ${if eq
{}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/vrmd/exim/mailboxes/domainMapping}}/aliases}}}{no}{yes}}
data =
${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/vrmd/exim/mailboxes/domainMapping}}/aliases}}
#data =
${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/vrmd/exim/mailboxes/r/rf/rfcs.org/aliases}}
#user = mail
unseen

Regards
Marten Lehmann