RE: [Exim] rbl server spews...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Eli
A: 'Mike Meredith', 'Margrit Lottmann'
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] rbl server spews...
SPEWS is nearly impossible to get removed from. I work for a very large web
hosting company, and they have black listed practically all our ips because
of ONE client who hosted with us about 2-3 years ago and spammed. We caught
them shortly after receiving some complaints and instantly closed their
accounts. We have tried contacting the SPEWS folk, but the *only* way they
let you contact them is via public news groups - fine if they actually read
them!

Anyways, several years later and our ips are still blocked and we never hear
a word from anyone at SPEWS about any of the posts we put in their forums,
so we just gave up and tell anyone who complains about us being blocked that
SPEWS is trash and there's nothing we can do (which we can't).

This is why I really hate when people deny connections/emails based on
remotely maintained RBL lists - at most you should use something like
spamassasin and just give it a weight of some sort, but still deliver the
message. Let the end user filter out the spam from the real stuff. If not,
it's just like your postman/woman throwing out some of your mail that they
think is garbage, before you even get to see any of it! I'm sure you
wouldn't want that happening, even if it was just garbage!

Eli.