Re: [Exim] rbl server spews...

Autor: Mike Meredith
A: Margrit Lottmann
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] rbl server spews...
On Thursday 19 June 2003 16:27, Margrit Lottmann wrote:
> He wrote that spews.relays.osirusoft.com is an unserious
> rbl checker ????
> Has anybody also such negative results with that server???

SPEWS certainly is a serious RBL, but it intentionally blocks 'innocent'
bystanders to encourage ISP's who have a lax attitude towards getting
rid of spammers to change their act.

If you use it, you can expect to get complaints from listed people about
being listed. I generally whitelist their addresses (after checking
they aren't spammers) and explain why they might want to talk to their
ISP about spammers.

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer   /~\ The ASCII
University of Portsmouth                    \ / Ribbon Campaign