Re: [Exim] callout give a defer instead a acept?

Author: John Dalbec
To: Daniel Bendersky
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] callout give a defer instead a acept?
Daniel Bendersky wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 03:42 PM, John Dalbec wrote:
>
>> Daniel Bendersky wrote:
>>
>>> --
>>> [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
>>> Hi, I set uo the callout a few weeks ago with great results! the spam
>>> was reduced about 50%.
>>>
>>> Any ways, I had a valid address that cannot send me an e-mail, because
>>> the Exim give a:
>>>
>>> "sender verify defer for <user@domain>: Could not complete sender
>>> verify callout"
>>>
>>> When I do a manual send:
>>>
>>> HELO <domain>
>>> MAIL FROM:<>
>>> RCPT TO: <user@domain>
>>> QUIT
>>

>> How long does that take?
>

> It takes less than a few seconds.

Are you waiting for the SMTP banner to be displayed before typing
commands? When I do "telnet mail.cursor.cl 25" it seems to take longer
than 30s to get the SMTP banner. Try 60s as your timeout.

>>> I get a "250 ok" responce code, but in the DEBUG mode, I get:
>>>
>>> 6702 dbfn_read: key=christian@???
>>> 6702 callout cache: no address record found
>>> 6702 interface=NULL port=25
>>> 6702 Connecting to domain [216.241.15.x]:25 ... connected
>>> 6702 SMTP>> QUIT

This shows that the remote host is not sending an SMTP banner before the
timeout. Again, try setting the timeout to 60s. BTW disguising the IP
address is not effective when you don't also disguise the destination
email address.

>>> 6702 ----------- end verify ------------
>>> 6702 deny: condition test deferred
>>> 6702 LOG: MAIN REJECT
>>> 6702 H=localhost.localdomain (domain2) [127.0.0.1] sender verify
>>> defer for <user@domain>: Could not complete sender verify callout
>>> 6702 SMTP>> 451 Could not complete sender verify callout
>>>
>>> My ACL for the callout is as follow:
>>>
>>>    deny    sender_domains = +callbackdomains
>>>            local_parts    = !+noenvfromcallback
>>>            !verify        = sender/callout=30s,random

>> Try increasing the timeout?

Try 60s.