[Exim] FreeBSD Exim port supports wishlist patches

Top Pagina
Auteur: Sheldon Hearn
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] FreeBSD Exim port supports wishlist patches
Hi folks,

This message is only of interest to folks who use the FreeBSD port for
Exim.

Oliver Eikemeier, who has been doing some great work on the FreeBSD port
for Exim, has provided a mechanism for including wishlist items.

If you you build Exim with WITH_WISHLIST defined, you'll get selected
patches from the Exim Wish List applied to the distribution before the
build starts.

Currently, only one wishlist patch is included by this mechanism:

# (Exim 4 wish list #163) suppress the "Received:" header if
# received_header_text is empty.

If there's a wishlist patch that you feel should be included when
WITH_WISHLIST is defined for a port build of Exim, please send a
private[1] motivation to me. Motivation should include the location
of the patch and pointers to discussion on the mailing list and/or
documentation.

Ciao,
Sheldon.

[1] FreeBSD is only one of many platforms represented on this list, and
    I don't want to be responsible for introducing a lot of noise that's
    only relevant to a small subset of the list members.