RE: [Exim] Mail delivered locally and not to remote mail ser…

Author: Dan Muey
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Mail delivered locally and not to remote mail server
> On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 21:11, Dan Muey wrote:
>
> > We have one domain that has there own mail server and all dns we've
> > looked up comes upwitht thr right IP. I even put an entry in
> > /etc/hosts for their MX record. Mail still gets deleivered
> as a local
> > domain through Exim which is bad since those folks never get their
> > mail that way unoless I manually move there mail off that
> server and
> > resend it on a qmail server.
> >

> Logs?

# cat /var/log/exim_mainlog |grep stcharl
2003-06-16 08:09:33 19Rtjl-0000um-00 => stcharle <daryn@???> D=localuser T=local_delivery
2003-06-16 09:18:13 19RuoB-00017X-00 => stcharle <greg@???> D=localuser T=local_delivery
2003-06-16 10:11:44 19Rve3-0001Z4-00 <= jenna@??? H=q42.infiniplex.net [65.174.128.212] P=smtp S=18250 id=44176FD0CBDB864FAEB9565C422D2E670CF1F8@???
2003-06-16 12:46:16 19Ry3Q-0002Uc-00 => stcharle <Daren@???> D=localuser T=local_delivery
2003-06-17 10:17:15 19SICx-0007BJ-00 => stcharle <greg@???> D=localuser T=local_delivery
#

> 1. What are the MX records

This is all happening at 63.165.126.2
# host -t MX stcharlesglass.com
stcharlesglass.com mail is handled by 10 mail.stcharlesglass.com.
# host mail.stcharlesglass.com
mail.stcharlesglass.com has address 65.174.128.149
#

That's what it should be.

> 2. What does your exim server consider as local, and what
> domains does it relay for

Whatever Cpanel has setup by default, I've never touched it and don't know where to look to fond out.
I'm sure when one sets up a domain it sets it up in exim for exim to handle mail.

> 3. Do something like running exim in debug mode to find out
> what's happening to mail for this domain.

Not sure how to run it in debug mode. The mail does get delivered in to /home/stcharle/mail/inbox fine.
But I need it to go to 65.174.128.149.

I really appreciate your input!
Thanks

Dan