Re: [Exim] callout for ETRN will work?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] callout for ETRN will work?
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 09:55:17AM -0400, Daniel Bendersky wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if I set up callout under Exim 4.20 to ALL the
> domains, what will happen to the mails that came from a domain that is
> not 100% of the time connected to the Internet?

Do you actually want your mail?

> I guess that the call out will give a temporary error, and the e-mail
> will not arrive. I'm right?

Sounds reasonable, if you have a domain not permanently connected, then
what do you expect.

> Any experience on that?

Might the words "secondary" and "MX" be useful in this context, as it
certainly seems that you are asking the wrong question. If you want to
send and receive mail on today's internet, your nameservers and mail
servers should be connected as much of the time as possible. If you are
delivering mail to a non-permanent remote endpoint, then configure a
real host to actually accept your mail from the internet in the first
place...