Re: [Exim] resend

Author: Jonas Meurer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] resend
On 16/06/2003 Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> >I have a lame question about an exim command if it exists.
> >Can i resend all mails from an existing mailbox to another address?
> >The new address is in $HOME/.forward file.
> >I have to keep original form of letters (eg. from field, etc...).
> >Is it possible?
>
> $ mutt -f /var/spool/mail/your-mailbox
>
> T .    # tag all mails in mailbox
> ;    # apply operation to all tagged mail
> b new-address    # bounce / redirect mail to the new address

> The from is preserved but the envelope sender gets altered of course.

be aware of that. i did this with /var/spool/mail/jonas (something about
200 messages, and my server soon became overloaded (since i have a
spamassassin rule in my procmail file, and so spamassassin processes
expand to infinity. same should be with the formail command. so, turning
of the spamassassin rule (and others that start own processes to check)
is highly commended.

bye
mejo

--