Re: [Exim] callout with three-way switch depending on the re…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
To: Exim users list
Betreff: Re: [Exim] callout with three-way switch depending on the results?
Matt Bernstein wrote:

> I'm already doing LMTP callouts :)
>
> Not sure of the value of AUTH (though I'm sure someone will come up with
> an application), but there is a problem when the callout is talking to a
> box which insists on STARTTLS (so maybe it might insist on AUTH too..)--I
> ended up on two separate occasions rejecting some valid mail because I had
> overlooked this!

Yes, I'm aware of that fact that you can do simple LMTP callouts now.
But without making an overly complex Exim config file, doing callouts to
Cyrus in my installation requires that AUTH be used. And yes, TLS is
another issue as well. So I think this will be a worthwhile endeavor,
plus it will reduce code duplication and will ensure that any address
that a transport can deliver can be verified in the same manner.