Re: [Exim] callout with three-way switch depending on the re…

Autor: Matt Bernstein
A: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] callout with three-way switch depending on the results?
On Jun 13 Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>That's a lot of work :-) My next project is to refactor Exim's SMTP driver so
>that it can be used to do callouts, eliminating the duplicate callout code and
>enabling things like AUTHenticated callouts and LMTP callouts.

I'm already doing LMTP callouts :)

Not sure of the value of AUTH (though I'm sure someone will come up with
an application), but there is a problem when the callout is talking to a
box which insists on STARTTLS (so maybe it might insist on AUTH too..)--I
ended up on two separate occasions rejecting some valid mail because I had
overlooked this!