Re: [Exim] callout with three-way switch depending on the re…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Wakko Warner
To: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: Exim users list
Betreff: Re: [Exim] callout with three-way switch depending on the results?
> In addition, even if there were additional callout sub-options, you'd have to
> have the callout repeated in multiple ACLs to handle the different possible
> results, and if the first callout times out, this will not be remembered and
> each additional callout will still be attempted. This is bad, because it's a
> waste of time and resources, and additionally if first callout times out the
> second one might not, so then your logic falls apart.

Here's something interesting. What if there was a ${acl_time} variable that
holds the time in seconds (maybe milliseconds) that it took for the previous
ACL to run.

I'm not sure if it would be of much use, or maybe more useful would be have
it tell you the time it took between acl conditions.

I'd personally like the ability to call most exim functions from perl, that
way you can do whatever you want in perl.