Re: [Exim] exim4 backport for Woody (was last bit of spamass…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim4 backport for Woody (was last bit of spamassassin)
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 05:01:25PM -0700, Richard wrote:
> Thanks for the link, I have added the links to my /etc/apt/sources.list
> and installed the package. The install went fine, but when I look over
> the conf files, I see a whole buch of lines like :

> <--- snip ------>

> # Define a macro DC_minimaldns if dc_minimaldns=true, to use in
> # .ifdef-statements otherwise this expands to an empty line
> DEBCONFminimaldnsDEBCONF
>
> .ifdef DC_minimaldns
> primary_hostname = DEBCONFvisiblenameDEBCONF
> .else
> # Let Exim autodetect this
> # primary_hostname =
> .endif
>
> now I am assuming that this is DebConf messing up the install,

You are wrong. Nothing is messing something up. This is just exim
using the configurion values supplied to debconf, which are stored
in a (yes, please edit it directly) file in /etc/exim4/

[...]
> Am I right in thinking I can remove the '.ifdef' stuff and replace the
> DEBCONF vars with real data ?

[unnecessarry full quote snipped]

These are conffiles, you can do what ever you want to, your local
modifications will be protected.

Dodge this: /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.gz
            update-exim4.conf(8)

           cu andreas