[Exim] Problems with 3.x callbacks.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ari Gordon-Schlosberg
A: exim-users
Cc: precision
Asunto: [Exim] Problems with 3.x callbacks.
Howdy.

We use Exim 3.3 (Exim version 3.31-VA-mm2 #1 built 06-Jul-2001 15:16:26)
here at OSDN to handle all our MTA needs for sourceforge.net. One of the
features that we love are the sender_verify_callback_* that let us vet
incoming spam and reject it at the QUIT.

However, a problem that we've run into when exchanging mail with few sites
goes like this:

1) Exim looks up long list of MX hosts for domain.
2) Exim connects to first host in list.
3) Checking fails in a manner consistent with SMTP (like 554 5.0.0 Service
unavailable or a few of the 400 series error codes).
4) Exim decides the check has failed rather than try the other MX hosts.
5) We bounce valid user mail.

Anyone else encounter this issue? Is there any possible remedy, getting
the callback client to failover to other MX hosts given certain errors or
the like?

Is there a remedy for this in Exim 4?

--
Ari Gordon-Schlosberg <regs@???>