Re: [Exim] MX based routing, sort of

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Clint Sim
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] MX based routing, sort of
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Clint Sim wrote:

> MX lookup for domain, if domain has a .za MX record, then route out via
> an alternate smarthost. I know this will not solve the problem totally,
> but it should help things along.
>
> This probably sounds crazy to most of you, but the last time TelOne
> stuffed up the routing, it took several weeks for them to fix it.

It doesn't sound crazy to me - I am currently at the AfNOG meeting in
Kampala, where we had great "fun" last week sorting out our
connectivity...

I haven't got time to test things, but you can probably make this work
by using the dnsdb lookup type to check for the MX record as a
pre-condition on a manualroute router which does what you want.

Philip