Re: [Exim] Backup mail server

Página Inicial
Autor: Soren Harward
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Backup mail server
On Tue 10 Jun 2003 at 10:17:34, Lawrence Walton said:
> Easiest way is not with exim per SE, set up multiple MX records.
> And add a second server, I use a exim router for that.

In a case like this, you have to make sure that users mailboxes are
available for writing to both servers, and that means NFS (or something
along those lines). If you're going that way, I strongly encourage
using Maildir-type mailboxes (rather than the flat-file mbox
format) so you don't run into locking problems with both servers trying
to write to the same file at the same time. This is the way I have it
set up here at work (4 exim servers, writing to users' Maildirs on
NFS-mounted home directories) and it works wonderfully.

--
Soren Harward
soren@???