[Exim] Mail delivered locally and not to remote mail server

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dan Muey
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Mail delivered locally and not to remote mail server
Hello List!

I have Exim running on our Cpanel server.
Not sure how to find the verion but it is the latest version of Cpanel (Cpanel 6.4.2-R50)
And it is whatever comes with that and the default setup of that.

The problem I'm having is with a domain we host a website for on that box has their own mail server.
You can do a dns look up and get the mx record ok and it resolves to the proper ip address.
    stcharlesglass.com (63.165.126.2) mx mail.stcharlesglass.com (65.174.128.149)
I even have an entry for it in /etc/hosts

It seems that when domains that are indeed local send mail to stcharlesglass.com accounts they get deleivered locally instead of using /etc/hosts or dns.

Any entries in the logs look like so:
2003-06-09 14:20:29 19PSBv-0002t9-00 => stcharle <daryn@???> D=localuser T=local_delivery
2003-06-10 09:28:43 19Pk77-0006ke-00 => stcharle <Daren@???> D=localuser T=local_delivery

So it looks like mail for that domain are getting sent to it's local user "stcharle" like it should for local deleiveries except I need mail for them to go to 65.174.128.149.

I'm super new to Exim and am not sure what files/settings to check or have set a certain way to make exim send stcharlesglass.com mail to 65.174.128.149.

Any help/enlightentment/pummeling would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Dan