Re: [Exim] php bulk mail

Author: James Fassett
To: Tim Jackson, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] php bulk mail
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Jackson" <lists@???>

> Hi James, on Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:37:57 -0700 you wrote:
>
> > For the future, I like the idea of writing a bsmtp file and then passing
> > that file to a Perl script to actually handle the batching.
>
> Where does Perl come into it? All you need to do is write a BSMTP file
> from PHP and then do exim -bS <other options> <your.bsmtp.file

I like the idea of writing a bsmtp batch file and then using Perl to feed it
to exim every 15 minutes or so (cron.d).

The problem is, for a mass mailer, I don't have the option of verifying each
email address fed into my php script.

Besides, a Perl script would allow me to log errors, remove invalid email
addresses from my database as well as preform a few other nice features.

I _could_ do this all from a php script, but php is not as well suited to
this task. Perl is much better suited, IMO. Then again, I'd like to add
Python to my resume too ...

Thank you kindly for your time and advice.

James.