Re: [Exim] WHAAAA!! .forward NEVER Works

Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Keith
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] WHAAAA!! .forward NEVER Works
On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 10:19:02PM -0700,
Keith Goettert <cakoala@???> is thought to have said:

> ok, I have my exim running at debug level 9 and I never see any attempt to
> forward a message. I fact, I never even see exim consider the forward
> director.
>
> Rather than listing all my config info here, could some kind soul please give
> me some debug settings and troubleshooting tips for this (ie teach me to fish).

Debug level 9 and directors mean you're running exim 3 which at this point
is unsupported. You shoUld consider upgrading.

That having been said, as I recall order matters for directors. So perhaps
one of your other directors is handling the message before it gets to your
forward director. Try changing the order of your directors if that is the
case. If it's getting to your forward director but the director declines it
then you'll have to look at how your director is configured and the user
with the .forward to figure out what it was declined.

Using exim -d9 -bt usertoforward@??? should be enough for you to
determine what's going on. If you still have trouble post your director and
the relevent bits of your -d9 -bt output back to the list and someone may be
able to help you further.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality