Re: [Exim] Exim's job ?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jochen Erwied
Aan: Seb
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim's job ?
[sorry for the late reply, it was a quite busy week :-)]

S> * If I limit host_accept_relay to 127.0.0.1, then I get in rejectlog:
S>         2003-06-02 13:36:45 refused relay (host) to <seb@???> from
S>         <seb@???> H=tintagel (ICARE) [IP address]

host_accept_relay is a host list. So if the incoming IP does not resolve to
home.fr, it can't relay. Reading the documentation I'd say a better setting
would be '127.0.0.1 : *.home.fr'. Have you tried adding your external IP to
the list of allowed hosts? What is your IP-Address, and to what hostname a
reverse lookup resolves?

S> * If host_accept_relay is 127.0.0.1:home.fr, but I comment out the line
S> relay_domains, I get in mainlog:
S>         2003-06-02 13:37:53 SMTP command timeout on connection from tintagel
S>         (ICARE) [IP address]

It definitely seems like you're having a bigger dns-problem.

S> BTW, I find this in rejectlog:

S>         2003-06-02 11:33:00 refused relay (host) to <china9988@???> from
S>         <china9988 @21cn.com> H=(smtp2) [211.194.117.163] (failed to find host
S>         name from IP address )

S> It worries me a bit that the reason given to refuse relaying is a simple
S> mismatch between domain name and IP address; I would have expected

These are real relay-attempts and in this case they are correctly blocked.
You'll see those messages on a regular basis, sometimes daily.

--
Jochen Erwied     | home: jochen@???     +49-208-38800-18, FAX: -19
Sauerbruchstr. 17 | work: joe@???  +49-2151-7294-24, FAX: -50