Re: [Exim] Enabling wildlsearch as default in packages

Author: Christopher Allen [BigFatPipe.Net]
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Enabling wildlsearch as default in packages
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Yann Golanski wrote:
> And a good job you are doing too.

Seconded.

> I think that will work fine. I don't see a problem with it. You could
> always add one more compile time option to the port and that'll do it.

I guess my question would be -- is it necessary to get the application to
run under the FreeBSD system? (Calculated answer being no.)

I may stand alone here, and if so it'll take less flames to quiet me down,
but I view the FreeBSD ports collection as an adaption against source code
_specifically_ to make things easier to compile and install. IMHO, the
ports collection is about runability and not feature set. I may be wrong
in doing so, but everything I've installed, I've treated as "with the
options that are in the source except where it breaks under FreeBSD."

-CA