Re: [Exim] forward files with virtual users with maildir

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Vineet Kumar
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] forward files with virtual users with maildir
--
* Keith Goettert (cakoala@???) [030606 11:28]:
> I must be missing something.

Looks like you're missing a '/', to me.

> userforward:
> driver = forwardfile
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> reply_transport = address_reply
> no_verify
> check_ancestor
> check_local_user = false
> file = /opt/mail/$local_part.forward
> modemask = 002
> filter

shouldn't it be $local_part/.forward ? Or better still, look up the
home directory via an ldap query? This way you're not limited to
/opt/mail/username, but can put whatever you like in ldap.

> When I deliver a message, it gets swept up by local_deliver and the forward
> director never gets checked. I guess I don't understand how the forward
> director really works. It seems strange that I would put it AFTER the other
> directors. Still, I have a POP based system running exim without ldap and the
> forward director works great even though it is after all the other
> directors.(did I miss that paragraph in one of the books?) Anyway, here is
> the output of a successful delivery to the users MailDir EVEN THOUGH HE HAD A
> FORWARD FILE.

This looks consistent. forwardfile comes before localuser, so if you
have a .forward it works. I'd move your ldap_user director to just
above localuser, just below forwardfile. I'm not sure what's confusing
about this part; it's just taking them in order. If you have ldap_user
first, it's never going to reach forwardfile. On your system with no
ldap, forwardfile is reached before localuser, so it gets used if the
.forward is there.

> The forward file is pretty simple right now and only contains my email address.
> Still, I see no attempt to reference the file so I assume that it not a
> permission problem. I also noticed from the trace that the home directory is
> completely wrong, but it sill manages to deliver to the correct location???

I didn't look closely enough at the LDAP stuff to see why the home
directory was showing as NULL, but I think the 2 pieces I remarked on
above will help.

good times,
Vineet
--