[Exim] php bulk mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: James Fassett
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] php bulk mail
Maybe this is more for the archives than anything.

I was able to send huge amounts of email successfully using php by

1) setting a high time out in php (4 minutes)
    (for each message)
    2) opening a pipe to exim
    3) using command line option -t -odq
    4) sending the message down the pipe
5) occasionally flushing progress to the browser

I also modified the following config option in exim:
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 5000
(not sure if it was necessary)

Using this method, I was able to push 8,000 emails through a web based
system (in blocks of 1,000).

For the future, I like the idea of writing a bsmtp file and then passing
that file to a Perl script to actually handle the batching.

Thanks to everyone who provided help to me.

James.