[Exim] RE: Re: Enter Network Password - an Exim issue?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Neue Treads: [Exim] Filter files with non-local users with Maildir's
Betreff: [Exim] RE: Re: Enter Network Password - an Exim issue?
On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:00:38 GMT, "Test Apex"
<exim@???> wrote:

> The popup occurs when web hosting accounts are created or
> deleted on the server. (Not email, but hosting accounts.)

"web hosting", "on the server" - What has this got to do with Exim?

> Could recreating the list of valid account ids somehow
> require Exim to be restarted?

What account ids? What system? Exim does not need to be restarted when you
change (Linux/Unix) accounts.

> Even in the MUA, isn't Outlook talking with Exim,

An MUA (Outlook) will use an MTA (Exim) to send out mail and your Exim
*may* require authorisation to accept mail for sending but that is not
usual. If your Exim is using authorisation for outgoing mail then,
unfortunately, from the level of your questions, I think you will have
difficulty troubleshoot it.

* You should if possible have the person who setup your system help you.
* Read through the Exim spec document to understand how Exim is set up
* find out which server Outlook is connecting to for outgoing (SMTP) mail,
is this actually your Exim server?
* check what POP server you are using/connecting to (Exim is not a POP
server) read the documentation for it.

PS