Re: [Exim] sender_reject_recipients

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adam D. Barratt
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] sender_reject_recipients
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 16:55, Raviraj Jeyanolipavan wrote:
> I am running Exim 3.3.5 (will be upgraded to Exim 4 soon), trying to
> reject a sender, i.e "support@???".
> In the main configuration file I have added that
> the following line
> sender_reject_recipients = support@???
>
> Then trying to test this as exim user by doing this
>
> exim f support@??? bt abc@???

>From The Fine Manpage:

"If any of the directors or routers in the configuration makes any tests
on the sender address of a message, then you should use the -f option to
set an appropriate sender when running -bt tests."

Since sender_reject_recipients is neither a director, nor a router, the
-f is redundant in the above. exim -bt will succeed, because mail to
that address can be successfully routed.

To check that sender_reject_recipients is working, use -bh to fake an
SMTP session:

foo@bar:~$ exim -bh 127.0.0.1

**** SMTP testing session as if from host 127.0.0.1
**** Not for real!
[...]
220 your.server.host.name ESMTP Exim
MAIL FROM:support@???
[wait for response]
RCPT TO:abc@???

Follow the output, and it will show you whether the sender was rejected
or not.

Adam