RE: [Exim] Possibility of rewriting the subject...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Troy Settle
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Possibility of rewriting the subject...

It's amazing that we're on a list dedicated to a piece of software that
includes a very robust filtering tool and that we still need to rely on
subject tags to sort our mail.

#Exim filter
if $h_list-id: contains "exim-users.exim.org"
then
save /path/to/Maildir/.Lists.Exim-Users/
finish
endif

I'm doing this for some 20 mailing lists. Some use $h_sender:, which
accomplishes the same thing for those lists without a List-Id: header.
Not one of my filters uses anything in the subject.

What happens if someone sends you a private response to a message from a
list and you miss it because you sorted based on the subject tag? I
don't know about you, but I don't even come close to reading every
message from every list I'm on.

--
Troy Settle
Pulaski Networks