[Exim] OT: export exchange2000 gal to a flat file

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ronny Vaningh
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] OT: export exchange2000 gal to a flat file
Hi

Recently there were a lot of discussions on the list in order to
mitigate dictionary attacks by auto-blacklisting/teergrubing/dropping
hosts who tried to send mails to to many unexisting email addresses.

However my exim box acts as a relay/rewrite box from which mail is
smarthosted to some exchange boxes and a unix mailhub.

In order to use the $rcpt_fail_count option my exim box needs to know
the valid addresses on exchange (2000).

Has anybody tried a way to:

import the global address list by ldap into a dbm file.
exporting the gal on windows an then transfering it upto the exim box.

I don't want to start hitting our AD servers for every mail we receive,
so I think a few syncs per day are sufficient.

Thanks

Ronny