Re: [Exim] Possibility of rewriting the subject...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Michael Jakscht
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: Greg A. Woods
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Possibility of rewriting the subject...

Hi Greg,

"Greg A. Woods" <woods@???> wrote:

> It's much better to either "fix" the users, or maybe fix
> the software they're using.

Okay, then please hire for a job at Tobit, reprogramme their
Software, redistribute it, install it on the servers of this special
company and update all their clients.

> Nope, definitely not. This is again a user-level
> problem that must not be made worse by inappropriate
> mucking about at the transport layer.

It is definitly an existing problem.
You either didn't read what I wrote or didn't want to understand.
I don't care which one of those two is right, but your answers are
totally useless and only state your opinion to this.
I never asked for personal opinions in my first mail, remember this
please.
I asked if it is possible to rewrite a subject line.
I wouldn't ask if I had no reason to...
Additionally, if I wanted the personal opinions of the users
subscribed to this list I would have asked especially for this.

> Every mail reader worth using can do this kind of
> thing without having to rely on any submitter supplied
> information such as the body of the message or the
> subject header.

Okay! I agree that Notes - like I already stated - is not a real MUA
in the sense every proven computer user thinks of a MUA - even
Outlook is better.
But this is not the point...
It is a fact that rules on headers in Notes don't work fine - in
contrast to rules based on the subject line...
But this is a totally different problem.

> People who use inappropriate software tools for the
> job they're trying to do must suffer from the results
> they deserve, just as any carpenter who tries to drive
> in a wood screw using a hammer must deal with the
> problems he deserves. Use the right tool for the job.
> If "Notes" isn't a good MUA then don't use Notes for
> reading e-mail!

Why do you answer this stuff?
What has this to do with the original question???
It seems that you absolutely have no clue 'bout what I'm talking...
You want to me to use another MUA?
Didn't I write that we MUST use Notes??
I think so!
So please don't try to tell me that I should change about 200 users
from using Notes (as a GroupWare!!) to Pine or something you
like to use.

Isn't it possible that users (and even the admins!!!) have to use
existing programs - shitty, buggy, M$, whatever - given software.
If you don't like it because of personal intentions or whatever else
you can't just use something different in a relative large
company....

So to me this thread sucks and I apologize that I asked the list.

Michael