Re: [Exim] Possibility of rewriting the subject...

Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
A: Michael Jakscht
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Possibility of rewriting the subject...
[ On Monday, June 2, 2003 at 17:47:16 (+0200), Michael Jakscht wrote: ]
> Subject: [Exim] Possibility of rewriting the subject...
>
> how can I rewrite the suject of a message?

Please do not rewrite the subject headers. The subject header is in the
domain of the user (and the MUA), not the MTA, and strictly the subject
header (along with the comments, summary, and keywords headers) are
informational fields that may relate directly to the body of the message
and thus are conceptually a part of the body of the message, i.e. they
are part of the content of the message. The MTA must not spindle,
staple, punch, fold, or otherwise mutilate the content of any message.

Even the subject header rewriting done by some unthinking mailing list
managers is wrong, very annoying, and totally unnecessary.

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods@???>;           <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>