[Exim] Re: sender verify fail log message

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Marc MERLIN
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Philip Hazel
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Re: sender verify fail log message
On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 10:27:02AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
> > 2003-05-26 00:24:32 H=(216.200.201.205) [217.219.64.150]:4979 sender verify fail for <33qurhdv30@???>: response to "RCPT TO:<33qurhdv30@???>" from mx4.hotmail.com [65.54.254.151] was: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
> > 2003-05-26 00:24:32 H=(216.200.201.205) [217.219.64.150]:4979 F=<33qurhdv30@???> rejected RCPT <aregnier@???>: Sender verify failed
> >

> > I would love for the first log line to include the intended
> > receipient. The reason is that the second log line doesn't tell me why
> > the mail was rejected, so it's not very interesting, and the first log
> > line, which is the one I care about, doesn't tell me who the mail was
> > for.
>
> The problem is that there may be more than one recipient. Only one of
> them is known at the time of the first line.

That's very true.
Logging just that one would work great for me though :)

(I also know that with callout caching, I wouldn't get the message every
time, but that's ok, I'm mostly concerned with logging real mails that
failed callouts. Those usually only go to one receipient, and usually aren't
in the callout cache (or if they are, I got the log entry I needed at least
one))

But if that doesn't fit in your logging scheme, I understand.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key