Re: [Exim] \dev\null

Author: Tony Finch
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] \dev\null
On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 12:57:05PM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 12:48, Tony Finch wrote:
> > I had to ask one of my previous employers to switch to a blackhole
> > because their autoresponder was irritating all sorts of random people
> > owing to the quantity of forged spam sent to my old address.
>
> Surely a straight bounce should cause that many problems?

You underestimate the amount of forged spam I get. I saw several responses
a week to email "from" one of my working addresses to the expired one,
and every so often I would get complaints from third parties who were
victims of this collateral spam.

I've never gone in for obscuring my email address, and it shows...

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
SELSEY BILL TO LYME REGIS: SOUTHWEST 3 OR 4 BACKING SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST 2 OR 3,