[Exim] Re: \dev\null

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Re: \dev\null
On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 08:52:21 GMT Thomas Kinghorn wrote:

> Is there a way to \dev\null users who are no longer with our company?
> All the mail is relayed to our exchange server which tosses the mail
> if the user does not exist.
>
> I was wondering if exim could do it before it got to the exchange
> server?

We've done it - well sorry more specific "it" being we:-

* LDAP users regularly off the Exchange box in DB file
* do lookups at RCPT time and bounce at the door if user has left with
proper "Sorry this person has left"

So we don't have bounces hanging around.

Can I put it up to you later? Bit busy at the moment.

***Let me know if you want and we will take time to put together***

_Nigel_ pls see my comment in "smtp_accept_max_rcpt_failures?!" thread
about FAQ Tips and Techs. What do you think??

Regards

PS