Re: [Exim] \dev\null

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Warren
A: Simon Alman
Cc: Thomas Kinghorn, Exim-Users (E-mail)
Asunto: Re: [Exim] \dev\null
On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 10:23, Simon Alman wrote:
> Thomas Kinghorn wrote:
> >Is there a way to \dev\null users who are no longer with our company?
> >All the mail is relayed to our exchange server which tosses the mail if
> >the user does not exist.
>
> I'd just use a system filter to drop any addresses I don't want
> delivered i.e create a system filter file with the following:
>
> > if $header_to: contains <some address you dont want>
> > then
> > seen finish
> > endif
>

> This simply drops any matching mail with no further actions -
> essentially the same as piping to /dev/null.

Checking header_to has limitations. What if there is more than one
recipient? The above will kill the entire delivery. What if the user
was only cced? What if they were not listed in the header addresses at
all, as will be the case for most of their spam?

A better option is to use an aliasfile, with entries like:

deaduser: :blackhole:

or

deaduser: /dev/null

(these are equivalent)