Re: [Exim] Exim's job ?

Author: Jochen Erwied
To: Seb
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim's job ?
on Monday, June 2, 2003 04:15 you wrote:

S> 'mailq' does not mention the hundreds of mails I tried to send.

Look inside mainlog or rejectlog if the mails were really received by
domain.fr

S> So I'm wondering: it is really Exim's job to receive the mail sent from
S> home.fr ? If it is, what should I activate that I did not think of ? If
S> it is not, would a kind soul tell me what program I should install ?

Try using telnet to deliver a mail:

telnet domain.fr 25

helo home.fr
mail from:<you@???>
rcpt to:<you@???>
data
Subject: Test

.
quit

If this doesn't work, is your provider using a configuration where outgoing
port 25 is blocked or redirected to their own server? You should see this
if you try delivering by hand as above. The banner appearing after the
telnet should be your machine.

--
Jochen Erwied     | home: jochen@???     +49-208-38800-18, FAX: -19
Sauerbruchstr. 17 | work: joe@???  +49-2151-7294-24, FAX: -50