Re: [Exim] ldap and forward files

Author: Bruno Saverio Delbono
To: keith
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ldap and forward files
--
Moin Keith!
Keith Goettert schrieb am Samstag, den 31. Mai 2003:

>I must be missing something. Having read through the spec doc on the forward
>director and also I have referenced the O'Reilly Exim book and I still don't
>get my .forward problem

>Now I want to forward this user to his normal email account (almost none of the
>users on this system will ever take delivery here). Since he has a "home
>directory" I would like to use it to host a .forward file. Yes, I know that
>with some ldap magic I can put the forward into the directory, but I won't have
>the flexibility of filters (this will be very important in the future).

Hmm.. why not just add a mailForwardingAddress: <email> in LDAP and have
exim check that as the .forward. Much simpler..

What filters are you talking about? user specific or site-wide?

Regards,

--
Bruno Saverio Delbono <bdelbono at leviathan dot lucifer dot at>
Systems Engineer - Open-Systems Group Inc.