Re: [Exim] IMAP suggestion

Top Pagina
Auteur: Vineet Kumar
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] IMAP suggestion
* Jas Shultz (jshultz@???) [030522 11:04]:
> --
> I want to implement a web based email system. I'm currently running
> Debian/Apache/Exim. I welcome any suggestions that you people might have.

I run a server with the debian stable versions of exim, apache, courier
imapd and pop3d, and squirrelmail. I have virtual mail accounts, don't
allow any plaintext passwords, and allow users to change their passwords
via ssh (shell set to /usr/bin/passwd).

> I've looked at squirrelmail and sqwebmail. I don't want to change my current
> (default) exim installation because it's running great right now and I'm
> afraid I might screw it up changing stuff around.

I recommend going with a setup similar to my own. Minus the virtual
users part, the debian packages all do the right thing and it just
works.

good times,
Vineet
--