Re: [Exim] Fetchmail

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Richard Welty
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Fetchmail
On Sat, 31 May 2003 20:37:33 +0100 Simon Faulkner <simon@???> wrote:
> I'm just getting through reading the Exim 4 book :-)

> Our server will need to collect mail from our ISP (only POP3)

> Is fetchmail the only/best way of doing this?

if all you're doing is local delivery directly to mbox or maildir format,
then getmail is simpler and cleaner than fetchmail. fetchmail requires
reinjection into the local MTA whereas getmail delivers directly. it makes
for cleaner setups.

on my laptop, i generally run getmail to grab mail from pop and/or imap
servers, and confine the local copy of exim to accepting mail for outbound
delivery.

getmail is at:

http://www.qcc.sk.ca/~charlesc/software/getmail-2.0/

richard