Re: [Exim] Dynamic helo_data based on outgoing IP?

Author: Oleg Cherevko
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Dynamic helo_data based on outgoing IP?
On Fri, 30 May 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Oleg Cherevko wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to make "helo_data" option for smtp transport match the
> > name backresolved from IP that we are making outgoing connection from?
>
> Doing this automatically has been on the wish list for some time.
>
> > Since helo_data is expanded string it may be pretty possible to implement
> > the above behaviour in case there is some variable holding our outgoing
> > IP address. Unfortunately, I was unable to find such a variable in the
> > docs.
>
> $host_address

Well, according to the section "11.8. Expansion variables":

$host_address: This variable is set to the remote host's IP address
whenever $host is set for a remote connection.

Perhaps I was not clear enough, but I need _my own_ IP address for this
outgoing connection. While $host_address seems to keep IP of the remote
end. Or the doc is wrong?

--
Olwi